Brand Manager - The NetherlandsApply for Job
Tonsser is looking for our new Brand Manager - The Netherlands
Since its launch in 2015, Tonsser has become the leading football app for young players focusing on creating equal conditions and opportunities for players to unlock their potential. After building a thriving community in the Tonsser app and across social media, we are now locked in on international expansion in Europe and out of Europe for 2023 and 2024, and we are going to the Netherlands.
Are you a skilled creative & marketer passionate about football, empowering youth and its culture in the Netherlands? Want to work & build amazing collaborations with Eredivisie clubs & players as well as great football brands? You have 2-3 years of experience and you are looking for a place where you could own and develop a brand & a community? Then this opportunity might be perfect for you.
After building a thriving off-app community in the UK (+100k followers on Instagram - +400k on TikTok) & after great success & viable growth in France, we are now ready to offer England youth players opportunities and empower underrated players to progress their journey.
Our brand essence? Be the voice and game changer for Underdog players. Your role? Be on the ground, digital, connect with the football ecosystem (users, pro players, clubs, brands) to create a relatable, authentic & engaging brand in order to have the most empowering community (off-app & in-app) of aspirational youth players in the Netherlands.
Role based in the Netherlands, starting in May.
- Define & own your roadmap and future Brand building.
- Crafting and owning our tone of voice in the Netherlands & ensure localisation is consistent in-app & off-app
- Translate initiative into go-to-markets strategy to grow in-app & off-app community and ensure brand extension (in-app, social, content, events, influencers) are coherent
- Help amazing brands such as Adidas or Nike to engage with our Dutch community in meaningful ways they cannot get anywhere else
- Work hand in hand with Event team on ideating events and experiences
- Plan and execute the Dutch specific content strategy with shooting (users, pro players, influencers, coaches…) & freelancers management.
2. Community Building
- Build the local Tonsser United playbook in the Netherlands with local coaches, video scouts, club partners and influencers.
Scout, hire and manage local brand ambassadors (influencers, TU players...)
- Growth of Dutch community (in and out of app)
- Work hand in hand with the Acquisition team on the content execution and amplification.
- Ensure brand trust among our core audience by reporting & tackling any marketing/product issues & perceptional mistrust
3. User Research
- Be our ear to the ground in the Netherlands
- Ensure brand trust among our core audience
- Collect valuable insights to feed content/brand strategy as well product strategy
- Work hand in hand with the CRM team on survey and user research.
4. Data Analysis
- Stay up to date with growth metrics & ensure we take necessary actions to reach our goals
- Work hand in hand with Acquisition team on format testing & content performance analysis
- You have a degree in business administration or similar field of study with main emphasis on marketing/communications.
- You have gained professional experience in Brand Management, 2-3 years of experience.
- You can demonstrate hunger and vision for how to build the Tonsser brand in the Netherlands.
- You have experience of communicating to and engaging with a young audience.
- You are a proven content strategist and storyteller who understands the fundamentals of generating, seeding and developing a content machine.
- Experience in field marketing is a strong plus.
- You have a strong understanding of the youth football industry
- You have strong communication skills and have the ability to coordinate cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You are native in Dutch, fluent in English, French/German are a plus.
- Experience in working hand in hand with CRM and Acquisition teams.
- Drive creativity and execution in the marketing team to get things done fast and always in line with our brand promise of empowering players to unlock their potential.
What we offer you
- 100% Work from home flexibility / Remote Friendly 🏡
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need 📱💻
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Portuguese! 🌍
- Traveling to watch Tonsser United play, and catch up with teammates ✈️
- Sweet Tonsser United gear and company merch
- Cool offices in Copenhagen, Paris and Berlin
- Healthy lunch for the office-goers, monthly lunch allowance for the others
More on Tonsser
Tonsser is a growth-staged startup and the leading app for youth football players in Europe - empowering the next generation of football players to perform, improve and get access to aspirational opportunities. Our ambition is to create a democratised world of football by increasing transparency, creating equal access to opportunities and empowering the athletes.
We enable players to build their player identity and capture their performance through stats and video to compare with the community and earn attention from both local and global clubs. Making the football world more connected and decreasing bias, subjectivity and financial dependencies in player discovery.
On top of our free app, we are building a 21st century football club, Tonsser United. A transformative football club born out of digital community to create opportunities for underrated and unsigned players. Already, Tonsser United have played and competed against clubs like PSG, Juventus, FC Porto, Marseille, Lille and Lyon - and we are seeing how the unsigned players are busting myths about talent identification and how many highly talented players who are out there, just waiting for the right chance.
Tonsser has investors and board members from football clubs like AC Milan, Brentford FC, Southampton FC, RB Leipzig, Philadelphia Union, and companies like Peakon, Public.com, Podimo and Booking.com. In other words, we are building a world-class organisation of visionary, brilliant and courageous people all driven to build a better and more democratic football world. Now we want you to be part of it.
Offices in Paris, Berlin and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity.
That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- BBC: 'Meet the Underdog national team'
- Uncovering hidden football talent through social scouting app
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
- Huddersfield Town: Could e-scouting help Premier League side? (BBC)
- Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding (TechCrunch)
- Don't just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Tonsser represents Denmark in the Nordic showcase as 'The next generation of superstars'
We want to empower every player to unlock their potential.