Global Head of MarketingApply for Job
Tonsser is looking for our new Global Head of Marketing
Since its launch in 2015, Tonsser has become the leading football app for young players focusing on creating equal conditions and opportunities for players to unlock their potential. As the app is live in seven countries across Europe and has 1,4M players on the platform, we are now looking for an experienced profile to lead and develop our marketing activities to expand globally as well as continue to empower players locally.
Who are we
Tonsser is a growth-staged startup and the leading app for youth football players in Europe - empowering the next generation of football players to perform, improve and get access to aspirational opportunities. Our ambition is to create a democratised world of football by increasing transparency, creating equal access to opportunities and empowering the athletes.
We enable players to build their player identity and capture their performance through stats and video to compare with the community and earn attention from both local and global clubs. Making the football world more connected and decreasing bias, subjectivity and financial dependencies in player discovery.
On top of our free app, we are building a 21st century football club, Tonsser United. A transformative football club born out of digital community to create opportunities for underrated and unsigned players. Already, Tonsser United have played and competed against clubs like PSG, Juventus, FC Porto, Marseille, Lille and Lyon - and we are seeing how the unsigned players are busting myths about talent identification and how many highly talented players who are out there, just waiting for the right chance.
Tonsser has investors and board members from football clubs like AC Milan, Brentford FC, Southampton FC, RB Leipzig, Philadelphia Union, and companies like Peakon, Public.com, Podimo and Booking.com. In other words, we are building a world-class organisation of visionary, brilliant and courageous people all driven to build a better and more democratic football world. Now we want you to be part of it.
We are looking for a new Global Head of Marketing to join our team and become part of a purposeful and ambitious growth mission. The role reports to the COO and requires the full palette of marketing tools; strategy, brand building, go-to-market planning, digital, creative/design, press/PR communications, activations and new media comms.
In short, you will be owning the global and local marketing strategy, safeguarding and developing one of the most recognized brands for youth football players in Europe and ensuring best in class execution.
This is a newly created position and for the right candidate and it is the perfect opportunity to become part of an incredibly strong brand with autonomy and expectations to directly influence the future positioning and execution of Tonsser as a future defining football brand.
Tonsser marketing & events
- Own and develop the global marketing playbook for international expansion
- Design, plan and implement the global marketing strategy across markets and media platforms/channels
- Build and manage the global marketing team and local teams
- Set and drive marketing goals and objectives, and establish analytics and dashboards for key performance criteria, maintaining reports and tracking efficacy of various campaigns and marketing efforts based predefined KPIs
- Plan and coordinate daily marketing efforts, and activities across all media platforms (paid media, social media etc.)
- Budget, forecast and manage marketing investments to achieve performance goals
- Oversee the organizing and project management of Tonsser United events to ensure delivery on targets and deadlines
Tonsser Branding & PR
- Build and plan Tonsser’s brand strategy (awareness and positioning) in collaboration with C-level
- Design, plan and execute brand campaigns in line with the defined brand strategy
- Expand, develop, and maintain media relationships in collaboration with C-level
Advertising (Tonsser sales)
- Plan and execute third party advertisements campaigns across Tonsser’s advertising-channels
- Work with the sales department to develop pricing strategies and bespoke projects to ensure market fit and growth of profitable campaigns while balancing customer satisfaction.
Profile and qualifications
We are looking for a seasoned professional with minimum 5+ years’ experience from a high growth consumer brand targeting GenZ and a proven track record.
In addition to your experience and in depth understanding of what drives success from marketing strategy execution, you are also considered a great leader & colleague and fantastic communicator (This is a highly visible position with direct influence over our brand direction, marketing strategy and execution, campaign calendar, creative/design as well as PR and communication).
You thrive in a high energy organization where everything is usually not perfect but is waiting to be created.
We know that the profiling is describing a mythical unicorn that excels in all marketing disciplines and is considered the world’s greatest leader and communicator. As such, we know that all boxes will not be checked, but we need an experienced marketing professional with deep understanding of GenZ branding, positioning, planning and execution in off- and online channels.
- Extensive experience with designing, implementing, operating and balancing global and local marketing strategies
- Extensive experience with handling digital marketing, social media, influencers and ambassadors - including thorough knowledge of marketing-based analytics
- Experience with building and operating global marketing teams with a flair for leadership and international expansion
- Experience with a B2C subscription models, engaging with Gen Z audience and a proven record for creating user and membership growth
- Strong understanding of branding and positioning strategies
- Strong understanding of both the creative (storytelling) and analytical side of digital and traditional marketing channels
- Strong commercial acumen
- Fluent in English
- Proven ability for managing a budget
- BSc/Master’s in business administration, marketing and communications
- Outgoing and energized
- Self-motivated, tenacious, takes initiative and a problem solver
- Thrives under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Strong communicator internal / external
- A driven and social personality
- Autonomous, self-starter – happy to work on their own but can also effectively within a team
- Structured and superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- An attractive and competitive remuneration based on competencies and experience
- 100% Work from home flexibility / Remote Friendly 🏡
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need 📱💻
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Portuguese! 🌍
- Travelling to watch Tonsser United play, and catch up with teammates ✈️
- Sweet Tonsser United gear and company merch
- Cool offices in Copenhagen, Paris and Berlin
- Healthy lunch for the office-goers
June 1st or July 1st
If you have any questions about this job ad or the position, you are more than welcome to reach out directly to Thomas Midtgaard, COO: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to mark the subject field: Head of M & C at Tonsser – [Your name]
We will review applications as we receive them and invite for interviews if we find the candidate relevant deadline.
Offices in Paris, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)