Player Analyst InternApply for Job
Do you have a passion for scouting, a love for technology and are driven to change the future of football?
Tonsser is a fast-growing Tech Startup and the leading app for youth football players in Europe, empowering the next generation of football players to perform, improve and get discovered. In 2018, we created the 1st Tonsser United team to provide an alternative journey for unsigned youth football players. Based on their performances on the Tonsser app, players can earn a selection for Tonsser United in matches against academies, showcase events and tournaments facing pro teams such as Juventus, PSG, Lyon and Fulham. Today 65% of players who have played for Tonsser United have been on trials or signed a contract with a pro club. In this internship you'll be working on a key component of the business: Talent Identification! You will join our Product team and collaborate along the entire talent identification process.
You will be involved in different efforts, such as:
- Helping analyze player performance data, generating insights and rankings.
- Collaborate on generating diverse player watchlists for partner clubs to look at and find their next superstar.
- Collecting and inputting TalentID data to our database.
- Collaborate on the creation of shortlists for our own events
- Watch full-match videos & clips from our Video Scout Network to localize interesting players
- Creating post-event reports for Tonsser United tryouts, showcases and selections
- Willingness to learn, adapt and always have a positive attitude
- Big passion for football and technology
- Are rational, analytical and data-driven.
- Speak English (a plus if you can speak French)
- A good understanding of youth football and the different challenges it brings to the table
- A first experience in (youth) football is a plus
You like the sound of:
- Being part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Slovak, Malagasy 🌍
- 100% Work from home flexibility 🏡
- If in Copenhagen, HQ office at Woods including free coffee, lunch etc. 🌮
- Free Donkey Republic subscription, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native.
- Friday bars with beers, games, and just good times 🍺
Note: This internship is an unpaid position, for a period of 6 months.
Offices in Paris, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)