Player Analyst InternApply for Job
https://jobs.lever.co/tonsser/7c6927bd-ee09-4f73-8889-a80f5ecf0b72Do you have a passion for scouting, a love for technology and are driven to change the future of football? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you to kickstart your career in football.
Tonsser is a fast-growing Tech Startup and the leading app for youth football players in Europe, empowering the next generation of football players to perform, improve and get discovered. The goal of the company is to democratize the world of football and add as much transparency to an otherwise closed off system.
In 2018, we created the 1st Tonsser United team to provide an alternative journey for unsigned youth football players. Based on their performances on the Tonsser app, players can earn a selection for Tonsser United in matches against academies, showcase events and tournaments facing pro teams such as Juventus, PSG, Lyon and Fulham. And that's exactly where you will be working on: Talent Identification.
The internship will yield you with invaluable experience in terms of how a product is analysed, visualised and developed. You'll learn about how to use data to identify talent and developing processes for digital scouting.
You will be involved in different areas, such as:
- Analysing player performance data, generating insights and rankings.
- Collecting and inputting TalentID data into our database.
- Collaborate on the different stages in our Talent ID model.
- Watch highlights from our Video Scout Network to discover and validate interesting players.
- Shortlisting players for our Tonsser United events.
- Creation of post-event reports.
You have a:
- Good understanding of UK youth football and the different challenges it brings to the table.
- Willingness to learn, adapt and a proactive attitude.
- Big passion for football and technology.
- Rational and analytical mindset.
- Data-driven approach.
- First experience in (youth) football is a plus.
You like the sound of:
- Being part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Slovak, Malagasy 🌍
- 100% Work from home flexibility 🏡
- Free Donkey Republic subscription.
- Friday bars with beers, games, and just good times 🍺
Offices in Paris, Berlin and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity.
That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- BBC: 'Meet the Underdog national team'
- Uncovering hidden football talent through social scouting app
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
- Huddersfield Town: Could e-scouting help Premier League side? (BBC)
- Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding (TechCrunch)
- Don't just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor reviews
- Tonsser represents Denmark in the Nordic showcase as 'The next generation of superstars'
Download the app for iOS or Android.
We want to empower every player to unlock their potential.