Ruby on Rails DeveloperApply for Job
Join the Tonsser Team as a Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Who We Are
Tonsser, the leading app and platform for youth football, is revolutionizing the football industry. With nearly 2 million football players in 11 countries, we're not just about discovering new talent; we're about building a community that celebrates the joy of football. Our mission? To democratize football by providing equal access to opportunities, empowering players to showcase their skills and connect with global clubs.
As a Ruby on rails Backend Developer at Tonsser, you'll be a vital part of our engineering team, directly impacting the core of our fast-growing football platform.
Your work will span the development and maintenance of our expansive Ruby on Rails API, the core component used across our various platforms, including iOS, Android, React, and Admin. You will be embracing our monolithic architecture, enhancing it for simplicity and expandability and involved in all phases of product development, from brainstorming to deployment and refinement.
What We Expect
We are looking for someone who is passionate about craftsmanship in coding, upholding our high-quality, well-tested, and extendable codebase. You should be a team player, ready to share ideas and respect diverse opinions. Your problem-solving skills should lead you to find elegant solutions to complex challenges. Your experience in Ruby on Rails, TDD, and familiarity with tools like Heroku, AWS, PostgreSQL, and Redis will be invaluable in this role.
Our Engineering Culture
As part of Tonsser’s engineering team, you'll join a group of passionate tech enthusiasts. We are creative product builders who love to craft high-quality software using the best tools of the trade. Our environment is one that encourages innovation, creativity, and growth.
Why Join Tonsser?
- Enjoy a collaborative, inclusive, and fun-loving team culture.
- Be part of a mission-driven company shaping the future of football.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where your work directly influences millions.
Role: Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Joining Date: April 2024
Ready to Score Your Dream Job?
Ready to be a part of Tonsser's future? Apply now to join our team and help revolutionize football.
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- You have minimum 3 years of experience working as a Backend Engineer
- You've built and architected well crafted and scalable APIs using Ruby on Rails or a similar web framework.
- Comfortable with REST, JSON and at least a curiosity into GraphQL
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing high quality maintainable code
- Writing unit and integration tests to ensure that your code is rock solid is a natural part of your workflow
- Is a team player who strives to improve not only themselves, but everyone around them
- Values developer productivity by automating as many things possible in your daily workflow
- Knowledge around running resilient and scalable distributed services
- Be fluent in English
- Our tech stack: Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL
- (and yes, a few other things, but keeping it simple)
What we offer and benefits
- Full time role
- Location: Copenhagen or remote-first
- Compensation: €65K+ per year gross, dependent on skill level.
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, Lithuanian, French, Spanish, Dutch, Serbo-Croatian, German, Polish, Portuguese, Bulgarian and Italian! 🌍
- Personal development budget 🤓
- 100% Work from home flexibility / Remote Friendly 🏡
- Trip to Paris to watch Tonsser United play, and catch up with teammates ✈️
- Sweet swag! Tonsser United gear
- Free choice of devices and other setups that you need 📱💻
- Donkey Republic membership, so you can explore Copenhagen / Berlin etc. like a true native 🚲
- Awesome lunch and plenty of snacks for the office-goers 🍎😱
- Catered, delicious lunch for the office-goers - every single day at 12:00 🌮
- If you are near Copenhagen, then we have a brand new office in Carlsberg Byen, minutes away from nearest metro 🇩🇰
- In Berlin and Paris we have office spaces you can meet with the rest of the Tonsser crew in.
€65,000 - €80,000 a year
Salary will be dependent on skill level.
Offices in Paris, Berlin and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors, top level football players and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Being part of Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents can be empowered and discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity.
That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
- How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)