Social Media Manager InternApply for Job
Start Date: September 2021
In 2018, we created the 1st Tonsser United team to provide an alternative journey for unsigned youth football players. Based on their performances on the Tonsser app, players can earn a selection for Tonsser United in matches against academies, showcase events and tournaments facing pro teams such as Juventus, PSG, Lyon and Fulham. Today 65% of players who have played for Tonsser United have been on trials or signed a contract with a pro club.
As we work to add more value, give visibility and provide more opportunities for youth players globally, Tonsser is looking for an intern to help engage our community of fans & players through our social platforms for our 21st Century football club, Tonsser United.
The Social Media Manager’s mission is to ensure the social channels are filled with amazing content that embodies our vision, ethos, and spirit while ensuring it is consistent with our social strategy. This includes:
- Adapting Tonsser United assets, to fit the taste and tone of the global Tonsser community
- Sourcing and repackaging exciting video clips, you find within the Tonsser community to keep our social channels alight with amazing grassroots player highlights
- Sourcing relevant football content from beyond the Tonsser player community and bringing it into our social ecosystem in a credible way
- Coming up with fun creative ideas, to further promote the identity and spark the imagination of our players
- Community management, responding to inbound messages, commenting both reactive and proactively, channelling
- Help build player relations, through social outreach & on-ground activities
- Provide regular performance reports to the Partnership & Content Specialist
- Editing video to maximize its performance and ensure it fits the style guide of our brand + social channel it will be housed in (we will provide training and guidance)
- Preparing imagery for social posts on Photoshop (as above)
- Writing the text/copy for social posts, with keen attention to detail when it comes to spelling and grammar
The internship should start in September for a period of 6 months.
This is an unpaid position
- Have a good level of English and be able to communicate effectively with the team.
- Be a proud problem-solver, proactive and unafraid to float ideas
- Editing skills are not required we want you to show hunger and willingness to learn
- Have an innate interest in social media
- Love football, love football culture
- Be organised and communicate up the chain to managers or peers
- Unafraid to flag mistakes or raise potential issues early to help us help you!
- Be an ear to the ground across all social platforms to spot the latest trends
- Hard-working, passionate and self-motivated individual
- Understanding and appreciation of storytelling, relatability and what binds a community
Team of 15 hungry and kind girls and guys. Offices in Paris, London, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)